Crystal Gazer's Illusion

Friday, January 29, 2010

The (Birth)day that was ....

So , another year gone by ...If I could put a flavor to my past years ...2009 was definitely Salty ...With all the tears, bloodshed, rage , despair, gut wrenching silence and battles lost.
Got home from office yesterday ...dreading the day ahead....Just not wanting to begin another year with this feeling....But also hoping that the new year brings back THE smile that I feel from the left side of my chest, rather than what shows on my face ...I ve almost forgotten how it feels to sleep and get up with different thoughts ...

Come 12pm , friends came over with the most amazing 4 layered cake and champagne ...God bless them .....really cheered me up for the time they were in my house....They left me in the same emptiness by 2pm....I just stood in front of the mirror and wondered if I feel any older, more importantly any wiser ?? I had a feeling I would not like the answer, so I slept instead !

The next day was BAU (god I am using that in my blog sentence!!), meetings, meeting and just for a change ...more meetings. Then my ritualistic visit to the temple...People who know me would think I visit the temple only on my b'day because god cant say 'No' to my demands on that day :D (Somewhere I think that may be the reason). But this time I had things to tell Him, things to ask ...Just the same dialogue between me and Him (Its amazing how he answers my questions from within me, the answer just pops up in my head, I swear !) The only difference was that the issues this time needed the water power from my eyes to try to blackmail Him into considering my suggestions, which I offered abundantly then and in the past year.

Its unbelievable if I tell you that this is the ONLY year where I did not buy a new dress for myself, more amazing is the reason that I did not feel like it. I know, I know you must be thinking , what a vain girl I am ..Thats not it, b'days are a big thing, they come only once in a long, boring, tiring year and when you feel the day should never end, the only day when you ask your boss anything and he will ‘think’ before he refuses :-)
But a couple of things definitely distinguished it from any other day. A couple of mails having exactly a couple of lines. Dad, who NEVER ever remembers my birthday , and never mails me , wrote 2 lines, which instantly got the waterworks going. The other mail, exactly 2 lines , well...I dont know what to say ...Is it possible to be exactly happy and really sad at the same time ?? I have done it, my friend :-D
A couple of bouquets, a couple of boxes of chocolate and a teddy bear from a couple of very very unexpected people completed the day. Thank you for thinking I am that special :-) Dinner with a couple and a friend and a long roofless drive to Scottsdale downtown under a hazy cloudy cold moon completed the "special" day of the year.

I just hope and pray with all my heart that this year is all about light - Light at the end of a long, dark and very cold tunnel , Bright lights of celebration of the MOST important day of my life , watching a smile light up my parent's face, bringing in the light of knowledge and many more ....

10 Comments:

Blogger Prashanth(MSP) said...

Amen!

May the light fall on you and grace a smile on your face. Just so that it may light up others like one lamp lights another!

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Vineet said...

I Hope and Pray this year brings you lot of happiness and joy in your life, so that when I read the same blog next year on same date, I can see words like smile, love, prosperity instead of words like "tears, bloodshed, rage".

Take care. All d very best !! :)

3:39 PM  
Blogger Harsha S Rao said...

Wish you a good year Achala. And yes, birthday wishes!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Achala*Ram said...

Thank You for your wishes, everyone ...

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shed no tear! O shed no tear!
The flower will bloom another year.

But were there ever any
Writh'd not of passed joy?
The feel of not to feel it,
When there is none to heal it,
Nor numbed sense to steel it,
Was never said in rhyme.

So as said by JK,
Tears are precious always ...never let me them roll down unless they are tears of Joy...Belated bday wishes....

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, her Majesty has grown a year younger, I see. If a fortnight isn't much of a delay, here's wishing you on your birthday all that makes you happy and smile! (belated ofcourse! :P)

- R
( ... beneath the milky twilight.. lead me.. out on the moonlight floor.. .. me)

12:17 AM  
Blogger Achala*Ram said...

@Harshah - That was lovely ...thanks a lot and sorry for the late reply !
@R - Fortnight isnt even a delay , not until the next b'day :-P

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Mandarr said...

Maybe you'd want to listen to this one(I bet you've already listened):

Paul Van Dyk : Let Go

Here are the Lyrics for now... It's more like a poem...

_______________________________________________

I can’t get it out of me
It’s breathing Inside me
It’s reaching inside of you
You’re feeling infected
You’re being infected
It’s just like the cold
A kiss on your lips
Now you’re taking control

I feel like a criminal
I’m falling apart
We’re leaving for Venus
In a getaway car
Cause no one can save us
There’s no need to try
I’m looking for saviors before they all die

If you wanna try and save me
Then take my heart don’t hate me
If you feel you can’t let go then let go
If you wanna try and save me
Then take my heart don’t hate me
If you feel you can’t let go then let go

I feel like a criminal
I’m falling apart
We’re leaving for Venus
In a getaway car
You say that you haunt me
but you don’t really know
You’re clinging to fingers
But you got to let go

If you wanna try and save me
Then take my heart don’t hate me
If you feel you can’t let go then let go
If you wanna try and save me
Then take my heart don’t hate me
If you feel you can’t let go then let go

let go let go..

If you wanna try and save me
Then take my heart don’t hate me
If you feel you can’t let go then let go

_______________________________________________

7:10 PM  
Anonymous nandu said...

belated (birth)day wishes...@--/--

this year....
may you feel complete under bright lights of celebrations
may you feel the happiness of your parents thru their tear sparkled eyes under bright lights
may your soul mate make you feel the journey to the light at the end of long, dark and very cold tunnel like a sleigh ride

Courtesy: "Achalaram.blogspot.com"

11:33 AM  
Blogger SF-1 said...

I am amazed... not even a single new dress. That is an amazing feat. Its been almost 6 months now, so how many did you buy in these 6 months? Completed the backlog of the past year? Hope you have had a nice and wonderful and a shopping-full year so far. I think God will not refuse you anything even if you ask him any other day... Try it..

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home